Port Arthur Municipal Court
Pay Municipal Court Violations Online
The City of Port Arthur Municipal Court’s convenient and secure online payment service may be used to discharge fines, fees, and most other court assessments. To pay your citation(s) online, you must agree to the following terms of this online payment system. Please read the following information carefully. Once you click “I agree”, you will be directed to the citation payment site.
I UNDERSTAND that paying this citation online will result in a conviction and a plea of nolo contendere “no contest” will be entered. If I have any questions about the effect of my plea, I will consult legal counsel before proceeding. If I enter a plea of nolo contendere, this citation will be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety and will reflect on my driving record. If applicable, I also understand that such convictions may incur state driving record penalty points and/or surcharges. I waive my right to a trial and any right to appeal this conviction. I also waive my right to request the driving safety course or deferred disposition. It is my responsibility to ensure that payments are made in sufficient time to meet required deadlines. Failure to resolve any court matter timely may result in additional fees, warrant of arrest, suspension and/or denial of renewal of your driver’s license and vehicle registration. Payments made through this online service usually process within one (1) business day of acceptance by this service, during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30p.m. If you have an active warrant issued on a citation, please keep your confirmation with you and be able to produce it to an officer for any fines and fees paid through this online service. Your receipt will be available to print once you receive confirmation of your payment approval through e-mail.
YOU MAY NOT USE THIS SERVICE IF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- YOU ARE A JUVENILE DEFENDANT: Persons 16 years of age or younger MUST appear in person to court with a parent or legal guardian (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 45.0215). Minors under the age of 18 (tobacco-related violations) and under the age of 21 (alcohol-related violation) MUST appear before the judge in open court before payment of a fine will be accepted. JUVENILE CITATIONS CANNOT BE PAID THROUGH THIS ONLINE SERVICE.
- YOU WANT TO PLEAD NOT GUILTY: On a plea of NOT GUILTY, the case MUST be set for trial. You MUST enter this NOT GUILTY plea by appearing in person before the judge at the address on the citation, through your attorney, or by completing the appropriate portion of the citation and returning to the court by mail. If you submit your plea by mail, please be sure your letter is postmarked with a date on or before the court appearance date on the citation.
- YOU WANT TO REQUEST DRIVING SAFETY COURSE OR DEFERRED DISPOSITION: You MAY be eligible to request a Driving Safety Course or Motorcycle Operator’s Training Course to have your case dismissed but that request MUST be made in person at the address on your citation or by completing the appropriate portion of the citation and returning to the court by mail. If you submit your request by mail, please be sure your request is postmarked with a date on or before the court appearance date on the citation. You may also request Deferred Disposition to have an eligible violation dismissed but you MUST appear in person to court. Contact the court for requirements and additional information at 409.983.8686. PAYMENTS FOR DRIVING SAFETY COURSE OR DEFERRED DISPOSITION CANNOT BE HANDLED ONLINE.
- IF YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER ARE CURRENTLY UNDER ARREST. Please contact the court at 409.983.8686 for additional information.
Online Processing Limitations:
- The City of Port Arthur and the Port Arthur Municipal Court make no guarantees, promises, or warranties regarding the accuracy of information provided in this site.
- There is no guarantee that this online payment application will show all of your unpaid tickets. If your ticket does not display, call 409.983.8686.
- Use of this service to submit payment constitutes acknowledgement that the City of Port Arthur and the processor of electronic payments assume no responsibility for date entered by service users.
- I hereby understand that in accordance with Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Art. 27.14(c), payment of this citation will result in a waiver of a jury trial, which may be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Please notify the court at 409.983.8686 if you have any questions or concerns about your citations or about this online service. This site is a secure site and only authorized City of Port Arthur personnel will have access to your information.
By clicking “I Agree”, you acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions of the online payment system and you agree to those terms.